All Items 5 Net Carbs Or Less!
Cafe Wisk in Inglewood is now open! They’re a new cafe that offers a high fat, proteins, low carb menu, which people that are gluten intolerant or on the keto diet will appreciate. Paninis, soups and Leanbacks are their core offering. Cafe Wisk opened officially on November 25th 2019, in the old Burger 320 place and is run by two former Canadian Armed Forces members, Jordan and Evan. Everything they sell is sugar free, gluten free, grain free, soy free, wheat free and all items are only 5 net carbs or less.
Cafe Wisk Details
- Website: https://cafewisk.ca
- Menu: https://cafewisk.ca/menu/
- Address: 1314B 9 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0T3
- Hours: Tuesday – Sunday from 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM (closed Monday)
- Phone: (403) 455-9475
- Instagram: @wisk_canada
The space inside is warm and inviting with lots of light and cozy seats. There’s music too.
Their menu consists of Paninis, soups, and Leanbacks (a cream filled dessert, or, fat bomb).
A Leanback is the name they came up with for their unique cream filled dessert balls, aka fat bombs, which is kinda sorta like a donut. Why is it called a Leanback? Because people who try them tend to lean back saying “omg that’s so good!”, or similar. I tried one and I totally get it. Each Leanback has 1.5 net carbs, 20g of fat and 1g of protein.
- The C.O.
- Éclair style dessert, filled with vanilla buttercream and glazed in chocolate.
- Holy Cacao
- Chocolate stuffed, chocolate glazed and sprinkled with crushed hazelnuts.
- No Cup Joe
You know what will go well with that coffee? More coffee!
- Creamy lemon custard filling, covered in flakes of toasted coconut
I tried the C.O. and it blew my damn mind that there was no sugar in it. It was incredible. #Leanbacks
What Is ‘Keto’?
The ketogenic diet is a high-fat, adequate-protein, low-carbohydrate diet that in medicine is used primarily to treat difficult-to-control epilepsy in children. The diet forces the body to burn fats rather than carbohydrates. –Wikipedia
Check it out, even if you’re like me and don’t require keto friendly or Gluten free food, it’s still worth it. Healthy food can taste great.
Latest posts by Crackmacs (see all)
- Win A Pair Of ZOOLIGHTS Tickets! - December 11, 2019
- Win A Weighted Blanket From HippoHug! - December 11, 2019
- Win A $100 Gift Shell From Rodney’s Oyster House! - December 9, 2019
- Win $100 In Gift Cards To Tropical On 17th! - December 8, 2019
- Crave Cupcakes Pop Up Shop – In Middle Of Downtown! - December 3, 2019