Cheap Growler Fills
Growlers make it easy to bring fresh beer home with you, and you want that because fresh beer tastes better. Calgary (and Alberta) has been blessed with many many different breweries and tap rooms that are ready and waiting to fill your growlers, and other boozy canisters. I thought it would be fun to put together a list of places where you can get a cheap growler fill. Everyone loves beer + saving money, right?
Cold Garden Rainbow Growler
- What is a growler?
- A 64 ounce (1.89 litre) jug for beer that is poured from a tap. They can come in metal or ceramic as well, but most are made of brown glass (to prevent sunlight getting in) and run about $6 – $8 to buy empty.
- How much beer is that?
- A full growler is just over three standard 20 oz pints of beer, just under a regular 6 pack of 355ml cans, or about the same as 4 tallboy 473ml cans.
- How long does beer stay fresh in a growler?
- It’s a good idea to consume your beer within a week of getting the growler filled, as long as you haven’t opened it. If you’ve opened your growler, it’ll stay fresh for a little over a day, before going flat.
Best Growler Fill Deal in Calgary
My pick is Paddy’s Barbecue & Brewery growler fills are $10 all day. That’s not even technically a deal, it’s their normal every day price! Can’t beat that. Note: they’re closed Monday and Tuesday.
Growler Fill Deals By Day Of The Week
Am I missing something? comment at the bottom of the page, send me a DM over social media or fire over an e-mail and I’ll update this list. Thanks!
If this list has helped you, please consider donating to our Patreon. We love Calgary and would really like to be able to do this kind of stuff full time! Thanks <3
I have not found a Monday deal yet. Please let me know if you find something!
- Brewsters – $3 off growler fills all day. Regular prices are around $14 to $16.
- 11am – 1am
- Multiple locations
More Places to get a Growler Filled
Cheap growler fills are nice and all, but what if you want some more selection? Here are some other places you might want to check out (regularly) to see what they’re serving up on tap.
- https://highlanderwine.com – Growler bars located in their Seton and Cooper’s Crossing locations, each with 6 taps that rotate regularly. They have 6 locations across Calgary, 1 in Airdrie.
- http://5vines.com/craft-beer – 5 vines has a growler bar with 5 guest rotating taps, and $2 off growler fills on Wednesdays between 4 and 9 pm.
- https://thebrewersapprentice.com – Brewers Apprentice has 48 different beer taps. 48! Something for everyone. Prices vary.
- https://liquordepot.ca/Beer/Growler-Bar – Liquor Depot has multiple locations in Calgary and each one has 16 different beers available in their growler bar! Check back often as they swap them out regularly.
- https://www.wineandbeyond.ca/Beer/Growler-Bar – Wine and Beyond is similar to Liquor Depot with 20+ growler taps at some locations.
- https://thumbprintcraftbeer.ca/now-pouring/ – Based out of Airdrie, Thumbprint Craft Beer has 8 growler fill taps which rotate regularly.
- https://wholecellars.ca/growler-bar/ – 6 different rotating beer taps. (the pour sizes are 1L/2L, which I’m guessing are 32/64oz?).
- http://oakandvine.ca/beer – Oak and Vine has 8 rotating beer taps, with prices that vary from brewery to brewery. They also have a killer beer selection in their cooler.
- https://craftcellars.ca/ – 8 rotating beer taps. They also have a large selection of wine too.
Help Me Keep This List Updated!
I mean, if you don’t mind? Please do shoot @Crackmacs (Twitter/IG/FB/reddit) a message or send an e-mail if you know of something else that needs to be added or updated. Thanks!