All Roads Lead to the Electric Highway
After previous successful years, they’re coming back to Calgary for another festival! Across the weekend of April 17th & 18th, The Electric Highway Festival (formerly known as the 420 Music & Arts Festival) is set to put on one hell of show with over 20 different bands from across North America at the Legion on 7th Ave. Rock, stoner rock, metal, doom, sludge, heavy blues, psychedelic – anything heavy and fuzzy! There’s even going to be a vendor market and a pinball tournament.
Full disclosure: this is a sponsored post.
- Website: https://theelectrichighway.ca
- Venue: Royal Canadian Legion Branch 1
- Address: 116 7 Ave SE, Calgary, AB T2G 0H5
- Instagram: @TheElectricHighway
- Twitter: @TheElectricHwy
- FB event: The Electric Highway 2020
- Facebook: @ElectricHighwayFestival
- Cost: $50 – $65
- Tickets: https://theelectrichighway.ecwid.com
420 Music & Arts Festival Name Change
From their site:
“After careful consideration, we have decided to change the name of the festival to The Electric Highway. When we came up with the concept for the festival in the fall of 2016, legalization was only an idea and we had no idea what impact that would have on our festival. One would think that legalization would be positive, however, it has been more of a headache and hindrance for the festival on many levels. Between FB permanently shutting down some of our ad accounts to cumbersome government-imposed rules and regulations limiting what we could do, and various other limitations standing in our way, we made the decision to change. We can focus on the growth of the festival without being limited in any way and still provide all our guests with a great experience.”
The Electric Highway Festival Lineup
Over 20 different bands (7 from Calgary!) over 2 different days. Going to be wild.
- Day 1: Sasquatch (Los Angeles, CA)
- Day 1: Buzzard (Victoria, BC)
- Day 1: CHUNKASAURUS (Victoria, BC)
- Day 1: Duel (Austin, TX)
- Day 1: Father Moon (Calgary, AB)
- Day 1: Hippie Death Cult (Portland, OR)
- Day 1: LáGoon (Portland, OR)
- Day 1: Locutus (Calgary, AB)
- Day 1: Pink Cocoon (Montreal, QC)
- Day 1: The Worst (Calgary, AB)
- Day 1: Wo Fat (Dallas, TX)
- Day 2: Bazaraba (Calgary, AB)
- Day 2: Gone Cosmic (Calgary, AB)
- Day 2: Hemptress (Kamloops, BC)
- Day 2: La Chinga (Vancouver, BC)
- Day 2: Nebula (Los Angeles, CA)
- Day 2: Row of Giants (Calgary, AB)
- Day 2: Shadow Weaver (Calgary, AB)
- Day 2: Set & Stoned (Crossfield, AB)
- Day 2: The Sleeping Legion (Winnipeg, MB)
- Day 2: The Basement Paintings (Saskatoon, SK)
What To Expect
The Festival has 2 stage areas – the main large one on the first floor and a smaller secondary stage on the second level. Bands will be alternating all evening between the Main stage and the second stage both nights so there will be a constant flow of traffic between areas.
– Day One, Friday, April 17th
Wo Fat from Dallas, Texas will be returning with their brand of psychedelic heavy blues to headline night one, and we are flying in their bro’s in DUEL to share the stage with them that night too! Also laying waste to Friday night are BC’s Buzzard & CHUNKASAURUS, coming all the way from Portland, Oregon we have Hippie Death Cult & LáGoon, joining us from Montreal is PINK COCOON, and representing our amazing local scene will be Father Moon, Locutus, Row of Giants and The WORST.
– Day Two, Saturday, April 18th
Bringing the fuzz from California, we are STOKED AF to welcome back the mighty Sasquatch to headline our whole party. As for the rest of Saturday, it just wouldn’t be a party without Vancouver’s La Chinga on the bill, along with local faves Gone Cosmic, Bazaraba, and Shadow Weaver from Calgary, Crossfield, Alberta’s Set & Stoned, Hemptress from Kamloops, BC, The Sleeping Legion from Winnipeg and rounding out our first lineup, from Saskatoon, The Basement Paintings.
The Electric Highway Arts Expo & Market
In addition to music, Electric Highway will also have a vendor market! The market is fully integrated within the festival, and is open to all ticket holders.
It’ll also be free and open to the public from 2:00 PM – 5:00 PM on Saturday April 18th. The market will be in the room next to the second stage, on the second level.
The Electric Highway Pinball Tournament
Returning for it’s second year, there will be a pinball tournament on day 2, at PinBar.
- When: Saturday, 18 April 2020
- Time: 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Where: PinBar
- Address: 501 17 Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2S 0A9
- FB Event
This is one show you’re not going to want to miss. The Legion also has cheap beer!