Once Upon A Christmas at Heritage Park
It’s that time of year once again at Heritage Park! Festive wagon rides, caroling, cookies and cocoa, log fueled fire pits, mazes, crafts and of course visiting with jolly old Saint Nick himself. Experience the magic of an old-fashioned Christmas right here in Calgary at Heritage Park. Some of the historical family homes and buildings open their doors to share their Yuletide traditions. They’ve got things to see and do for all ages. Contest below!
- When: Saturdays and Sundays, Nov 23 – Dec 22, 2019
- Where: 1900 Heritage Dr SW, Calgary, AB T2V 2X3 (parking is $3 to $6)
- Getting there: Take bus 502 from Heritage LRT station.
- Tickets: $5.70 – $11
- Buy tickets here
Admission is free for annual pass holders!
Special Holiday Activities
- Map: PDF Map/Info
Hands-on activities and entertainment are sure to delight guests of all ages. Come and get your fix of wholesome holiday cheer! Highlights include:
- 1950’s Storybook Christmas in Gasoline Alley Museum
- Holiday play in the Canmore Opera House
- Santa visits (with optional professional photo*)
- Santa’s Critters petting zoo, courtesy of Butterfield Acres
- Performances by Vintage Bronze Handbell Choir
- Wagon rides (weather dependent)
- Christmas carols
- Antique photo parlour*
- Select historical homes and buildings open
- Children’s crafts
- Unique shopping, including the ‘Kids Only’ Store. Find great gift ideas!
- Freshly baked goods from Alberta Bakery
- Gingerbread cookie decorating*
- Hot chocolate bar
*Additional fees apply