She Was Left For Dead
On Sunday August 11th 2019 someone in Airdrie was taking a walk and noticed a holyshit goddamn tarantula in the grass beside an overpass! Ahhh! Doing what people do, she shared a photo of it on Facebook and left to go about her business. It turns out that someone else on Facebook named Heather sees it and she immediately heads over to this place to try and rescue it, because spiders are people too and Heather is awesome.
The original Facebook post was made in a closed Facebook group, so here’s a screenshot.
How did it get there?!
Someone apparently threw it away, Tarantula and terrarium and all. Just left it here or something. Who does that??
Heather finds it but quickly figures out she’s in way over her head and calls her friends Cee and Vic friends to help. They show up and collect up the tarantula and bring it home, and since Cee has owned one before, she’s going to take care of it from now on. They’ve since nursed it back to health and it seems to be doing okay! Yay!
New name: Tuffnail the Tarantula!
Heathers last name is Tuffnail, and honestly it’s pretty appropriate given the circumstances.
- Tuffnail the Tarantula Facebook Group – Cee has created a Facebook group to share updates and give round the clock spider updates.
Tuffnail is Tough As Nails
Cleaning her wound, which was sustained during the sweet horrible freedom.
Tuffnail was so thirsty she drank water directly from a bowl. Ever see that before?
And it’s 2019 so of course Tuffnail already has a Tinder profile.
Discover Airdrie did a piece on this, and there’s some radio interviews from them if you want to check them out.
Ps. Amazon has a plushie tarantula and the kid who is showing it off is hilarious lol
Latest posts by Crackmacs (see all)
- Win A Pair Of ZOOLIGHTS Tickets! - December 11, 2019
- Win A Weighted Blanket From HippoHug! - December 11, 2019
- Win A $100 Gift Shell From Rodney’s Oyster House! - December 9, 2019
- Win $100 In Gift Cards To Tropical On 17th! - December 8, 2019
- Crave Cupcakes Pop Up Shop – In Middle Of Downtown! - December 3, 2019