Lilac Festival on 4th street in Mission
The Lilac Festival is an annual free street party event that takes place at the beginning of June. Vendors, entertainers, food trucks, face painters line both sides of 4th street SW in Mission, from 13th Avenue (Central Memorial Park) all the way down to Elbow Drive (by the Safeway). In addition to vendors, you’ll find all sorts of things to see and do, especially for the family.
Lilac Festival Details
The event will take place, rain or shine!
- Website: https://lilacfestival.net
- Time: 10 am – 6 pm, June 2nd 2019
- Location: 4th street SW, from 13th Ave until Elbow Drive
- Instagram: @lilacfestyyc
- Facebook: LilacFestival
- Twitter: LilacFest
- Cost: free (unless you want to buy stuff)
Lilac Festival: What You Need To Know
- Over 100,000 people usually attend.
- Among the many people will be many strollers and dogs, so please also bring your patience.
- Over 500 vendors will be there, selling handmade goods, services, manufactured stuff, all sorts of things.
- There will be several places to eat, either at the event or nearby downtown.
- There aren’t any actual lilacs, it’s just the name they came up with.
- There’s a free parade!
- There is a music stage, and a dance stage, both filled with local entertainment. See below for the rosters, and schedules.
Lilac Festival Tips
- Don’t expect to find a parking space unless you come really early. Best to take the train downtown.
- If you take the train downtown, get off at 3rd or 4th street stations and walk south on 4th street. Easy to get to.
- Plan to attend early, it gets busy.
- If you are planning on bringing your dog, bring water for them.
- Bring water for yourself too.
- Hungry but can’t find anywhere to eat? Head down 17th Avenue! I recommend Blanco Cantinas, at 17th Ave and 7th ST SW.
- After the Lilac Festival, head down to Prince’s Island Park. Great place to take in the weather, see baby geese, play Pokemon GO, people watch, whatever you’re into.
The Lilac Festival has something for everyone unless you don’t like big crowds. If you don’t enjoy crowds, this event isn’t for you. Have fun!
Crackmacs are a team of Calgary based bloggers, writing about and sharing food, drinks, things to do, events, contests, charities, travel/tourism, parenting, politics, lifestyle and all kinds of other content.