Supporting Homeless Cats in Calgary
Have you ever wanted to buy things from a thrift store AND support Calgary’s homeless cat population at the same time? You’re in luck because now you totally can! MEOW charity thrift shop is a second hand store operated by the MEOW Foundation which accepts donations of goods and sells them for cheap, using the money to support stray feral cats through their support programs, such as Trap Neuter Return. The MEOW Foundation is the only Calgary-wide, non-profit, no-kill cat rescue. They’re so cool that even Regal Cat Cafe uses their services for the rescue cats you can adopt from them.
MEOW Charity Thrift Shop is also run by volunteers! Apply now if you’re interested
- Frontline is your finesse. Mingling and rapport is your prowess. Cashier/Retail roles are available!
- Behind the scenes is your fortitude. Unloading, sorting, cleaning, organizing and set up is your solace. Positions are available!
- Transport and delivery is your specialty. Shuttling empty boxes (from liquor stores) to the MEOW Charity Thrift Shop weekly is your calling.
MEOW Charity Thrift Shop Details
- Address: Unit 110 – 336 41 Ave NE
- Phone: 403-735-1015
- Hours: Tues to Sat 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. Sundays 10:00 am – 4:00 pm (closed Mondays and statutory holidays)
- Instagram @MEOWFoundation and @meowcharitythriftshop
- Twitter @MEOWFoundation
- Facebook @MEOWFoundation and @meowthrift
What You’ll Find At MEOW Charity Thrift Shop
The shop may not be huge, like the warehouse sized thrift-shops, but it’s still well stocked with all sorts of well priced second-hand items. Accessories, books, board-games, toys, small kitchen and beauty appliances, and of course a good selection of glassware, china, and porcelain do-dads.
What will you not find there? Clothes. Aside from accessories like scarves and purses, you won’t find clothes here yet. Maybe it’ll be something they can accept and sell in the future, but for now it doesn’t look like they quite have the room and resources to handle taking on clothing. Understandably.
For the money, it’s worth the jaunt up Edmonton Trail. Interesting rotating stock, super reasonable pricing, and duh, you help cats.
- Antiques, collectibles, vintage, art
- Bath & Body
- Books, games, puzzles, toys, stuffies
- Home decor, hobbies & crafts
- Jewelry, hats, scarves, belts
- Kitchenware & small appliances
- Garden tools & decor
- Linens & bedding
- Luggage, purses, totes
- Seasonal decor
- Small electronic, flatscreen TVs, cameras
- Small furniture
- Sports equipment, camping, tools
Donations Not Accepted
- Auto parts
- Baby cribs, car seats, booster seats
- Building materials
- CD’s, DVD’s, video games
- Chemicals, pesticides, explosives
- Clothing, boots, shoes
- Computer components (unless new in box)
- Large appliances
- Large exercise machines
- Large furniture
- Mattresses and box springs
You get to help cats, buy things on the cheap, and make the world a slightly better place. Plan a visit!
Latest posts by Crackmacs (see all)
- Crave Cupcakes Pop Up Shop – In Middle Of Downtown! - December 3, 2019
- The Ship & Anchor Eggnog – Drinking For Charity! - December 1, 2019
- Can Praxis – Veterans • PTSD • Horses - November 29, 2019
- Calgary Transit: See Something, Text Someone, Hope It Works? - November 27, 2019
- Cafe Wisk In Inglewood Is Now Open! 100% Keto/Gluten Friendly Food - November 27, 2019